We share your dream and feel your pain too!
- You have too much of the wrong inventory and too little of the right inventory
- You keep losing inventory you thought you had and finding inventory you didn’t know was there
- Your operational costs are hurting you and you are concerned about staying competitive
- Your warehouse is full and you need to relocate (very expensive) or make better use of space or reduce your inventory (much cheaper and essential anyway)
- You lose sales from customer complaints of poor service and slow order fulfillment
- Your return rate is too high due to picking and shipping errors
- You are concerned that your current operational capability will not support the growth you have planned for the business
- You’re not really sure how to fix any of this because the expertise is not in your business, may be you’re even wondering if you should just outsource it (expensive and doesn’t solve most of the problems).
OK, relax now because you’re here, there is no problem you have that we have not seen before and cannot sort out. But our aim is not really to sort out your problems (although we do that), our aim is to help you thrive! We help you create value through high performance logistics just like the big corporations.
Logistics consulting creates value
So how does it work?
Each project covers one or more of the focus areas listed below. There is no project we do that does not add value, so you decide what you think is important and when, and work your way through the plan as fast as you need to. Implementing the whole plan will probably take 2-3 years depending on what you need and how much focus you apply to getting there. The reality is that deep change requires time, money and resources and even though the returns are great, you can only go so fast. So obviously, we go after the low hanging fruit first and fix the major issues and get you on the way. We’re always only a phone call away during this journey and between projects, you can call us for advice and guidance.
What results will I get?
- You have the right inventory for your target service level for each product
- Your inventory is accurate and apart from the odd operational error that is picked up quickly your inventory is predictable
- Your know your operational costs are as low as they can be, any competitive pressure is not due to logistics problems
- Your manage your warehouse space and keep on top of slow moving and obsolete inventory. You have strategies in place to manage overflow stock during peaks and will only relocate to a bigger site when the business growth demands it.
- Your customers love your service and delivery and rave about it on social media
- Your returns are due to customer issues and not created by you
- You know you can scale up to service growth and successfully replicate your operational model to new sites in new markets
- You work on continuously improving your operations with Lean principles and get Logistics Help for more technical issues beyond normal operations.
Logistics improvement focus areas
|The Massive Action Plan that outlines improvement opportunities, estimated costs and how to get to the results you need|
|Strategy & Process Alignment||Strategic alignment & detailed process design (1,2)||Redesigned business processes that build in efficiency and accuracy and deliver on your business strategy|
|Systems||System alignment to process & strategy||Plugs the functional gaps in your current system that hold you back from efficient process and effective delivery of your strategy|
|Infrastructure & Process||Purchasing & Receiving Flow (6)||Corrects the issues with the current purchasing and receiving processes. This is a pre-requisite to the Inventory planning system implementation or may be combined in the same project.|
|Systems & Process||
Inventory planning process & Autostock implementation
|Stock reductions of 30% – 50%, higher stock availability and service levels, less overstocks and write off due to obsolescence. Often less overall purchasing and receiving activity due to reduced stock outs and ad hoc ordering.|
|Process||Inventory availability and stock reduction strategies||Refines the planning processes in the business to reduce inventory through better forecasting and purchasing patterns. Ensures a continuous focus on inventory performance. Follow up to the Autostock implementation.|
|Top 3 Warehouse Accelerators||
||Just as described in the report this will usually be the first issue we’ll address in the warehouse. It sets the baseline capability to build even greater efficiency in future. There is an easy 10% (probably more) gain in productivity just from this.|
Warehouse design for fast flow
|Good warehouse design can double your storage capacity and add 10%-20% to your productivity|
|Process, Infrastructure & System||
|Faster packing & shipping, better flow in dock operations, cost reductions from new carriers, improved freight service, visibility of freight activity and costs from new system allows better management|
|Organisation||Organisation structure and recruiting||The right organisation structure and staff selection has a huge impact on the outcomes achieved by the overall project work. We help you put the right people in the right roles|
|Organisation||Procedure writing||Ensures compliance with new process and strategy, enhances productivity through consistent best practice and error reduction|
|Organisation||Training||Train the trainer approach ensures effective knowledge transfer to your staff|
Coaching warehouse managers for performance
|Instills the vision and tools of high performance logistics in key operational management|
Upimium Warehouse Management Suite Implementation.
|15% -25% productivity gains (depending on current circumstance), up to 99.9% stock accuracy, faster order fulfillment, better labour visibility and management. Adaptability tools future proof your system so it will keep working for you as your business changes|
||– Open to all Logistics Help clients who have completed a project or program.
– Seamless relocations that improve your operations and are invisible to your customers.
– Start up with high performance logistics from the beginning.
– We’ll help you outsource effectively (if you must)