Fast Start Upimium WMS
Get into Upimium now and start saving
How can we do this?
Upimium is based on decades of experience in warehouse management and system implementation. We have built a standard operating model for ecommerce that is suitable for most online retailers. So instead of having to develop a bespoke and expensive solution tailored to each client, we can very quickly tweak the standard model to your business. Yes, there may still be a few nice to haves that are not standard, but you can add these later as the need arises. Of course, we can still build a bespoke implementation if you need this.
You may not be ready for this yet
We believe that every warehouse should have a WMS, but we also know that you need to implement a plan not a product. WMS only makes sense in the context of an overall Logistics Improvement Plan for your business and the only way to find if this is the right step for you now is to register for a Free Logistics Checkup.
How to host your WMS
- On premises server – the recommended way if you want the fastest and most responsive system, nothing beats the speed of hosting the system on your own local server.
- Dedicated cloud server – This is fine if you don’t want to manage the maintenance of an on premises server but is the most expensive option.
- Cloud server shared with other Upimium Clients – This is a new option that we are launching here at Online Retailer 2019. Cloud Upimium may be a great place for you to start if you want the simplest possible startup. You will be able to migrate to a dedicated cloud server or on premises server version if you outgrow the cloud version.
3 Fast Start – What you get
- Fully supported implementation
- Our consultants work with you onsite to tailor the process design for your business within the standard model and train your team to operate the system.
- Integration with accounting/inventory and freight systems
- integrated with your cloud accounting system (e.g. Xero, Quick Books, MYOB) or inventory system (e.g. Unleashed, Dear, Cin7, NetSuite, JCurve etc) and your freight system (AusPost, IFS, Sendle or other cloud freight system).
- Optimised ecommerce functionality for tracking all movements in and out of your warehouse.
- Receiving by PO or ad hoc blind receipts if you don’t us PO
- Directed put-away – control where you stock is put in your warehouse
- Cycle counting and stocktake – keep your stock accurate
- Pick location replenishment for fast movers or random storage for the long tail
- Pick wave management and advanced picking processes
- Multi-order and multi-batch picking are available for the most efficient and accurate small order fulfilment process for eCommerce operations
- Integration with freight systems for on demand printing of freight labels
Pricing is simple:
- Implementation cost $25,000,
- Licence fees $150 per user per month,
- Expected payback period of 6-18 months depending on your current scale and situation.
3.2 What you need to do
We provide guidance but do not manage the installation of the hardware with the Fast Start. We can manage this for you as well for an additional cost.
Pick and arrange your preferred hosting option, on premises, dedicated cloud or shared cloud. We can help you source support for the first two and quote hosting costs for the shared cloud model on a case by case basis depending on your likely transaction volume. Note we make our money on licence fees not hosting so these costs are kept to a minimum.
Buy mobile scanners for use in the warehouse. We recommend using industrial grade mobile scanners using Android OS which are available from $1000 to $1500. There are cheaper options off Ebay but these are risky and often have no warranty and little support. Upimium will work with any device with a browser such as a tablet or phone so the possibilities are nearly endless if you want to start very basic.
Wi-Fi your warehouse. For optimum performance you will want to have Wi-Fi coverage in your warehouse. You could use a mobile data network but the response time will be a little slower.
Apply barcode labels your warehouse racking and shelving